Acetate frames are made with cellulose, a natural & renewable material found in plants (wood pulp and cotton). This means they are environmentally friendly as well as lightweight and comfortable.
Acetate really made its debut way back in the 1940s after decades of research and bought forth a new look in eyewear design which continues to this day.
The key characteristics of acetate include:
- Lightweight, making it easy to wear for long periods of time without becoming uncomfortable or sliding down your nose
- Easily adjusted for fit & comfort
- Environmentally friendly
- Hypoallergenic, meaning it won’t react with your skin
- Offer basically an infinite range of colours and patterns (no paints). This is due to the way acetate can be dyed & layered during the manufacturing process
- Long-lasting – usually from four to six years if looked after properly
So, if you are looking for a fashionable sunglass made from a superior material then chose an Acetate frame. Check out our styles which also have natural wooden arms (temples) for an extra stylish look.